Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Freedom

I have been trying to think of something (hopefully) interesting to post - since we haven't paid off any more debt - and I read something that struck a chord and reminded me of why we do this.

Freedom.

Or to quote Mel Gibson, aka William Wallace, FREEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

I read a post on the TMMO forum from someone who was all the way through the Baby Steps. They found Dave Ramsey in 2004 and had gotten intense about paying off debt. They had paid off ALL debt, including the house, in about 4 years.

Let that sink in for a second.

They.had.absolutely.no.debt.

If both of them lost their jobs tomorrow, it would be an inconvenience.

Not an emergency, an inconvenience.

They could work pretty much anywhere and make enough money to pay utilities, food and gas.

While I am proud of what we have paid off, I am really looking forward to the freedom of absolutely no debt.

What kind of life could we (my family) or you (whoever might actually read this) lead when almost every penny you brought home was your to spend/save/invest/give as you pleased?

Need a new TV? OK, no problem.

Vacation? When and where?

I can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

Toni said...

I like this freedom thing. I want some of that action!

Kim Daugherty said...

We. Want. More! More blog posts! Keep 'em coming...informative, witty, raw and inspiring. We need to keep up our motivation! Hey...want to buy a Pacifica?